Old 03-15-2012, 07:07 AM
Candace

Originally Posted by BoJangles View Post
Ok Cathy, Candace, or Miriam I have a huge issue. My 3-year old grandson decided to play with my 319w when I wasn't looking. It is so messed it makes me sick! I thought it was just jammed, got all the tangled up thread out from around the bobbin casing - that I could see. The needle had been broken off - not sure where that went? Anyway, that baby won't budge without hitting the bobbin case now. There is a little finger thingy that attaches with a screw under the slide plate. It has a little hook on the side that attaches/sits near the bobbin casing. I tried to move it several ways, but I still can't get the needle down without hitting the casing. Do any of you know how that little finger is suppose to sit in comparison to the bobbin race? I messed with it until late last night. Right now the machine won't work at all. Cathy, you may get this one to fix!

Nancy
Aw, the little rascal... I can take some pictures of mine and post them if you can't figure it out. Yes, I agree with Charlee, that the needle has to be somewhere. And jammed in the bobbin assembly may be the spot. And there also may be some thread wound around the hook somewhere. No worries. We'll work together and get her back up and purring. Wait until the sun is up a bit more and take another look at her. If no go, I'll take some pics.