Old 03-15-2012, 11:52 AM
SueSew

Originally Posted by KiwiQuilter View Post
I never use to be as passionate about mouse removal until I had a very similar experience to IshtarsMom. The little suckers ate through my electrical wiring, brake line, and air hoses in the car!!! Lucky I didn't loose my life. Very expensive to repair.

I have traps strategically placed in the roof cavity (of the house) and in the garage. Yes - I have caught mice in the roof. If they chew the house wiring - they could burn down the house.

My traps are filled with peanut butter - just like you have done. It's very effective. Love the idea of luring them to the traps with pieces of batting. hehehe...

Honest - I'm not a nasty person - but when their actions can kill - it's a whole different game. My mouse problem was created by my neighbor (long story) and a very bad harvesting season for our region.

Currently have 2 large dogs - which are great at finding and killing rodents (well when they can get to them).

Good luck. Love to see the progress on your quilt repair.
My husband's Chevy truck got a mouse nest and they chewed through a lotta wires, twice, and it cost hundreds each time. Chevy cares not... but none of our other cars/trucks have every been vulnerable to a mouse. It has to do with the protection/access around the electrical connectors. Mice never got into Ford truck, Isuzu box truck, Acura, Toyota, Subaru, Mercury, Honda, Land Rover, Chrysler minivan...just that particular Chevy truck. With four drivers in the house, plus work trucks, that is a lot of experience. Bu brake lines... OMG. Lucky you alive to post!!!