Old 03-15-2012, 02:59 PM
Candace

Originally Posted by BoJangles View Post
Ok everyone, the first thing I did was try and find the end of the needle. Never did find it, I think it must be in the carpet under the machine because it is not in the bobbin assembly anywhere. I couldn't understand why nothing moved when I took that little finger thingy off and put in back on the bobbin assemby. I finally had to take the bobbin assembly completely off the machine - a thing I never had to do before - and get tangled up thread out from between the hook/race or whatever it is that moves around the bobbin case. Nothing moved, which puzzled me because I know the 319 is a full rotary so it should have been going around in a full circle? Anyway, after removing more thread, I got the two units moving separately, but now the timing on the bobbin assembly is all wrong. Since I have never had to take the whole assembly off and put it back on before, I am having trouble getting the timing right so the needle actually clears the assembly! Any hints?

Nancy
Yay, you get to retime the machine. Fun! :< The little finger is going to take some playing with after you retime it. It's taken me several hours to time the 319's with the finger etc. and to get it just right that it doesn't skip stitches while doing the embroidery designs. And the finger will make a lot of noise if you don't have it adjusted just right. If you google how to time a sewing machine you can see where the hook and needle need to be. Hopefully that will help you. You aren't going to break or damage anything by playing with it and seeing if you can do it yourself. Maybe Cathy will have a site she can refer you to or a site with step by step photos. I don't know of one off hand.

But, you can rotate the assembly and adjust the screws and eventually you will get it!