Thread: Lil Twister...
View Single Post
Old 03-15-2012, 03:57 PM
Earleen

Table runners are in the book.Let's Twist Again . I am Twister addicted.
Originally Posted by Geri B View Post
Well, I finally attempted the lil twister (only have had the template for about 1 yr).....It is a little tricky cutting that template away from the squares.......I had to use my "turntable type" cutting mat and a really be careful not to cut too far past that template or that would "cut" would show up in the next row cutting.
I simply used scraps and cut the 5"squares with my GO...I cut 25....bordered with 3" strip and then started the trick cutting. The first row, I really felt like I was all thumbs, but then I developed a kind of pattern and figured out what I was doing......I will cut the trimmings with my GO. When I sewed the twists together I used leaders & enders-altho my machine has a cut thread and then knot the new stitch.....sometimes-well most of the time--the thread will unthread itself, then having to rethread with the "auto threader" is another pain.....and I also don't like the knot that it makes at the beginning of sewing...thus leaders/enders.....can you tell I am not "thrilled" with this new machine.....another story......
Anyway, I finished a while ago and I had to tell someone......so here you all are!!!!
It is now what I would consider a "doll quilt"....don't know what I will do with that...I would like to make a tablerunner, so I better cruise the net and see if there are patterns anywhere.

So to those who have done the twisters....I can see the "fun" of them, and those who are a little leery about trying, just jump in.....the water is fine!!!!!

Last edited by QuiltnNan; 12-01-2014 at 03:23 AM. Reason: language