Old 03-15-2012, 04:29 PM
BoJangles

Originally Posted by Candace View Post
Yay, you get to retime the machine. Fun! :< The little finger is going to take some playing with after you retime it. It's taken me several hours to time the 319's with the finger etc. and to get it just right that it doesn't skip stitches while doing the embroidery designs. And the finger will make a lot of noise if you don't have it adjusted just right. If you google how to time a sewing machine you can see where the hook and needle need to be. Hopefully that will help you. You aren't going to break or damage anything by playing with it and seeing if you can do it yourself. Maybe Cathy will have a site she can refer you to or a site with step by step photos. I don't know of one off hand.

But, you can rotate the assembly and adjust the screws and eventually you will get it!
Geeze, how did a 3 year old cause me so much headache! I have been trying all day to fix my 319w and I am getting frustrated! Ok, I have learned a lot! I now know what a 'position finger' is and what it does. I know I need to adjust it so there is about .020 clearance between it and the assembly. I know it goes in the little notch to hold the bobbin casing stationary while the hook spins around it. I printed out a service manual for the 319, but the problem is whomever copied the manual did it too dark and the photos are not legible. I finally got the rotating hook to clear the needle all the way around. I thought WOW I did it - well I didn't do it. It won't pick up the bobbin thread, which means the point of the hook is not in the right position when the needle goes by it.

Candace, should the point be almost touching the needle? I wish I had a better picture. I will do some googling! I hadn't planned on doing this all day! I wanted to fiddle with my 31's!

Nancy

Candace I have been rotating the assemby and adjusting the screws all day long! I need a better photo of where the needle eye is when the point of the hook comes around.

Last edited by BoJangles; 03-15-2012 at 04:37 PM.