Old 03-15-2012, 05:43 PM
miriam
Power Poster

Originally Posted by J Miller View Post
Nancy,

I'm sorry to hear about your 319W. I kinda understand about timing sewing machines.

It's too late now, but here is something I learned from working on cars and trucks. When you have to take something apart that has critical timing, put witness marks on everything. A small mark on opposing pieces will help you get it back together the same way it came apart. Works on distributors, should work on bobbin hooks.

One more thing; when I was first married my wife had her two boys from the first marriage. To prevent unwanted trouble I put a lock on our bedroom door. Kept them out of trouble more times than not. When grand son comes to visit, lock the sewing room door.

.................................................. ....................................

PrincessPolkadot,

Welcome to the forum.

That's a nice machine. Some cleaning and TLC and I'll be she purrs like a kitten. I can't help with the needles though.

Joe
Joe,
Good point.
I was told by an old repair man to use something to scratch the mark on because most stuff will rub off. Since one of the times I had to do timing, it was because the screws weren't tight and the whole mess flew off, it would have been real nice to have had it scratched on, but it wasn't. What do YOU use to make your mark? Sewing machine oil will take off the permanent ink.