Old 03-15-2012, 07:14 PM
BoJangles

Originally Posted by J Miller View Post
Nancy,

I'm sorry to hear about your 319W. I kinda understand about timing sewing machines.

It's too late now, but here is something I learned from working on cars and trucks. When you have to take something apart that has critical timing, put witness marks on everything. A small mark on opposing pieces will help you get it back together the same way it came apart. Works on distributors, should work on bobbin hooks.

One more thing; when I was first married my wife had her two boys from the first marriage. To prevent unwanted trouble I put a lock on our bedroom door. Kept them out of trouble more times than not. When grand son comes to visit, lock the sewing room door.

Joe
Sorta like closing the barn door after the horses got out huh Joe! At least this gave me a chuckle when I read it, which I needed right then!

Thank you Candace for the photo - it helped! Thank you Miriam, I printed out some how to's on timing!

Well I did it! I can now join the "Timing Club." I have my 319w working great! She is doing decorative and straight stitch like nothing ever happened and I learned a ton! It took me awhile as I had to figure out that the eye of the needle had to be right at the point of the hook just as the needle was on the way up - not down!

Yippppppeeeeee! My 319 is back in her treadle and I can sew!

Joe, Marcus will be banned from the sewing room from now on!

Nancy