View Single Post
Old 03-15-2012, 07:30 PM
Jan in VA

Location: Piedmont Virginia in the Foothills of the Blue Ridge Mtns.

Today I had a conversation with our local Bernina/Pfaff dealer during which I was surprised to hear him say that all Pfaffs are now made in China, none in Germany.

He told me of a customer who bought a machine from him in September and brought it back in for repair a couple of times, where he made adjustments like you've mentioned. He finally, in total frustration, shipped the machine to the Bernina/Pfaff dealer/repairman I mentioned here in Virgina who is the premium repairman in the east, maybe the country. T

That man called my local guy back to tell him he was shocked to find that the machine, brand new out of the box when my guy sold it, was beyond repair!! The bushings and other major moving parts were in such condition, so worn and poorly machined that it was obvious they were not new or had been substandard to begin with!

It has taken Pfaff until this month to replace her "new" machine! My guy says that he, the "best repairman" (from Newport News, VA), and many other dealers are seriously considering dropping the Pfaff line in their store.

I also heard another shocker of yet another major product in manufacturing decline; I'll post that in a separate topic here.

Jan in VA

Last edited by Jan in VA; 03-15-2012 at 07:33 PM.