View Single Post
Old 03-16-2012, 06:00 AM
onaemtnest

Originally Posted by countryone77 View Post
I have a Janome MC10001 and would like to learn about maintaining it myself. My LQS, at which I purchased the machine, increased their maintenance charges by $25 (from $75 to $100). I'll try to find out more info.
Hi Bev ~ Janome is such a popular brand I'm almost certain that you will find a group on Yahoo that share information about the MC10001. I personally don't service my machine my DH does....I look at the schematic and my eyes twirl like a cartoon character and don't even think about what my brain is doing!

Should my machine have issues beyond my DH capabilities to fix or find parts for, there is a reputable repair service man who the Yahoo group swears by in another state. I will pay shipping to send my machine to him for extensive care or repair.

The Viking tech said that my machine the 1+ is a work horse and was made in Sweden with all metal parts before Husqvarna was bought out by another company. It wasn't produced in a sweat shop in China with plastic working parts.

It's really a conundrum isn't it? The computer seems to be the Achilles heel in new machines but it's the computer that makes the machines so user friendly. Right now to replace the mother board in my machine it would cost around $500 and that is far cheaper than trying to replace my machine with one with the same features.

Last edited by onaemtnest; 03-16-2012 at 06:02 AM.