Old 03-16-2012, 06:11 AM
Mizkaki

Nancy,
I agree. Iif it ain't broke, don't fix.
Those little stinker will move while you are tightening the screws, so it could now be in the "sweet spot".
Contratulations and welcome to the club.

Originally Posted by BoJangles View Post
Yep, Miriam you are right - it is so fun to learn! Now, because of little Marcus, I want to learn more! I also need to take Ray's class! I was amazed I even got the machine fixed! I am really good with getting them un-stuck, cleaned up, refurbished, getting out thread tangles, and tension issues, but I had never completely taken the whole bobbin assembly off a machine before! I really thought I was going to have to pay someone to fix the whole mess!

Cathy, I tried all the keys for decorative stitches, all the satin and zig zag settings, the straight stitch at different lengths. Nothing had a skipped stitch yet! I will print out your instructions and when I start getting skipped stitches I will try to adjust per your instructions - but, right now I don't want to fix what "ain't broke." Or at least it appears nothing is wrong right now! Maybe, I lucked out and the thing shifted enough to hit the 'sweet' spot before I tightened the screws on the hook? That little jewel was extremely hard to get in the right spot - then tighten! It wanted to move around, forward, backward - it is like you need an extra hand to do the needle timing!

Nancy