Old 03-16-2012, 07:18 AM
J Miller

Originally Posted by BoJangles View Post
Joe, I don't have a 201, I don't have room for one; and, I doubt I would love it more than my Pfaff 130, but you know everyone who does have a 201 LOVES them! That machine, as I am sure you know, was advertised as the Finest machine Singer ever made! Congratulations on the 201! I want to try one some day.

Nancy
Nancy,

We don't have room for it either. We knew that when we bought it, but just couldn't pass it buy.
Right now as I type this there is 7 sewing machines in our tiny 8' X 12' front room. 2 Treadles, one regular and one parlor cabinet, 2 electric machines in cabinets and three portables.

As soon as I can quit buying machines and get to my sewing projects I'll have covers made for all the cabinets and treadles. At that point I'm afraid some of them will have to spend some time in the garage.

I do not doubt the 201 was the finest machine Singer ever made. This one looks nearly new, and sounds like it too.
My wife is positive it's what she learned to sew on. Either that or a 15-91.
I want to use it, but it's cabinet is still out in my Pathfinder because there is no room for it in the house. Oh what a pain.

Joe