Thread: Lil Twister...
View Single Post
Old 03-16-2012, 07:29 AM
Geri B

Originally Posted by gingerd View Post
Geri, what machine do you have? Maybe we can help.

I agree with cutting, especially with the smallest twister. I'm hoping to baste mine together tonight, then bind and sew on buttons. I went thru my stash and I have a button for each of the colored twists.
My "darling" new sewing machine is a Baby Lock Ellure Plus...I had a senior moment when I purchased it...thought I would do "embroidery"---well I have had it since Sept....never went for "classes"...I know my fault being that the store is in our little town....less than 1 mile away........so I will just cover it up and go back to my "old" viking #1+......

Regarding twister....I tried using the small rotary cutter, but it seemed because the template is raised up due to the grippers on it, my small rotary cutter could not reach the fabric--sort of just rode on the edge of the template.

To the member who said she is working on patterns......if I remember correctly, is your twister template just a single "paddle" and not the square w/lines? Maybe I am wrong.....
I have ordered both of the books w/patterns for twister templates, so we will see......will this be another addiction?????

I would post a pic, but I am a ludite when it comes to doing computer stuff.....but first I will have to finish this little experiment.......maybe by then I will have a lesson on putting pics on comp..........ha, ha!!!