Old 03-16-2012, 08:11 AM
Candace

Originally Posted by J Miller View Post
Nancy,

We don't have room for it either. We knew that when we bought it, but just couldn't pass it buy.
Right now as I type this there is 7 sewing machines in our tiny 8' X 12' front room. 2 Treadles, one regular and one parlor cabinet, 2 electric machines in cabinets and three portables.

As soon as I can quit buying machines and get to my sewing projects I'll have covers made for all the cabinets and treadles. At that point I'm afraid some of them will have to spend some time in the garage.

I do not doubt the 201 was the finest machine Singer ever made. This one looks nearly new, and sounds like it too.
My wife is positive it's what she learned to sew on. Either that or a 15-91.
I want to use it, but it's cabinet is still out in my Pathfinder because there is no room for it in the house. Oh what a pain.

Joe
Portable machines are so much easier to store. They still take up more space than I'd like, but at least with machines in cases you can hide them from evil eyes:> And, you can ensnare more people in your web by bringing them to guild meetings. Spreading the disease is always fun.