Old 03-16-2012, 08:20 AM
vintagemotif

Originally Posted by buslady View Post
http://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage...w-t182971.html

Link to my new Vertical feed. I'd like to say that I enjoy this forum so much. I read every word of this thread. I don't post much, cause I am usually a few pages behind, and I don't have a real good internet connection. Pictures load slow and typing is a real pain. But I do read it all, and if I have something to say that no one else has already said, I will post. I have a pretty extensive collection of vintage machines. I sew on a couple of them regularly, but just made room for my two spools and Free in the sewing room, waiting for someone to come carry them up for me. Now I have to find a place for the Vertical Feed!! I have taken over two of the rooms upstairs, plus the utility and a good portion of the garage!! DH is pretty understanding. Even though he won't admit it, he likes to see these machines, too. I can't seem to get him to make a quilt with me, though. I am still working on him. Thanks for all the joy you guys bring to me with your postings, pictures, and lessons!!
Buslady,
Congrats on finding your Davis NVF! You will love that machine along with your Two Spools for your quilting projects. The Two Spools is an excellent machine to use for the piecing with the perfect 1/4 inch foot and feed dogs of same length. And the Davis NVF is a wonderful machine for binding work, straight stitch quilting, following a motif on fabric(what I call FMQ from a Davis), and best it loves flannels!! I have quilted a couple of quilts that the tops are cotton and the backs are flannel and have had no troubles. The thicker the layers of material/s the happier that machine gets!

Please post pictures of your quilts that you have made with all your machines. I would love to see them. Thanks for sharing and congrats again!