Old 03-16-2012, 08:33 AM
vintagemotif

Originally Posted by J Miller View Post
Nancy,

We don't have room for it either. We knew that when we bought it, but just couldn't pass it buy.
Right now as I type this there is 7 sewing machines in our tiny 8' X 12' front room. 2 Treadles, one regular and one parlor cabinet, 2 electric machines in cabinets and three portables.

As soon as I can quit buying machines and get to my sewing projects I'll have covers made for all the cabinets and treadles. At that point I'm afraid some of them will have to spend some time in the garage.

I do not doubt the 201 was the finest machine Singer ever made. This one looks nearly new, and sounds like it too.
My wife is positive it's what she learned to sew on. Either that or a 15-91.
I want to use it, but it's cabinet is still out in my Pathfinder because there is no room for it in the house. Oh what a pain.

Joe
Joe,
I have what my husband calls my "command center" that is ~ 7ftx7ft space which holds 6 machines in treadles. The chair is situated in the center of three treadles. One of the machines is a Free No.5 that isn't used for sewing; it just holds my sewing paraphernalia. Here's a photo:
[ATTACH=CONFIG]320240[/ATTACH]

I own a 201 in treadle that sits behind my living room sofa. At night while watching tv with hubby, that machine gets used. Enjoy your Singer 201!
Attached Thumbnails screen-shot-2012-03-16-9.29.10-am.png