Old 03-16-2012, 09:01 AM
BoJangles

Originally Posted by buslady View Post
http://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage...w-t182971.html

Link to my new Vertical feed. I'd like to say that I enjoy this forum so much. I read every word of this thread. I don't post much, cause I am usually a few pages behind, and I don't have a real good internet connection. Pictures load slow and typing is a real pain. But I do read it all, and if I have something to say that no one else has already said, I will post. I have a pretty extensive collection of vintage machines. I sew on a couple of them regularly, but just made room for my two spools and Free in the sewing room, waiting for someone to come carry them up for me. Now I have to find a place for the Vertical Feed!! I have taken over two of the rooms upstairs, plus the utility and a good portion of the garage!! DH is pretty understanding. Even though he won't admit it, he likes to see these machines, too. I can't seem to get him to make a quilt with me, though. I am still working on him. Thanks for all the joy you guys bring to me with your postings, pictures, and lessons!!
Buslady, you are going to love that machine! It is so cool to put bindings on with that machine. Because there are no feed dogs, you never get bunches, tucks, it will just go through all three layers of quilt plus the 4 layers of a folded binding like butter - no puckers, no gathers - just a beautiful binding! You will never have to put a walking foot on another machine to do bindings again - you have it all right there in the vertical feed with no feed dogs!

Beautiful Davis by the way!

Nancy

Last edited by BoJangles; 03-16-2012 at 09:03 AM.