View Single Post
Old 03-16-2012, 01:14 PM
clsurz

Originally Posted by katz_n_kwiltz View Post
BUT- dont get the cadillac of machines like the baby lock with the jet air threading, ive read about it, and most complaints are with that type of serger, that if the air goes out, you cant thread it..well..katz

I've done quite a bit of research on this model and have read no such report. The sites I visited that had customer reveiws were all 5 our of a 5. It also has 25 years warranty, 10 years on parts, 5 years on electrical and 1 year labor.

I went today to a sew shop where they are the authorized retailers for the machine and the gal that demonstrated it to me just retired a few months ago from Babylock and is now working for this show shop to demonstrate those machines and more. With a 10 year warranty on parts replacement if something like what you mention happens it will be replaced.

With all this 8-threader does what's not to like. If something as mentioned here happens the manufacturer will make good on it.

I did alot of searching on this model and I have yet to find one negative report. I didn't buy it today but will be doing so in a couple months or so only because I like to pay cash for such things so I have to get my cash together to do so.

I did however leave there with a Rowenta Steamer iron machine and some fabric. :-) You can sew using one thread or eight which is combining serger and over stock together.

After her demonstration of all the features and what you can do with it she showed me some quilts that were quilted on it and also ruffles put on the quilt with that machine.

She told me that folks seem to think you can't put button or zippers and while it is true you can't do buttons you can do some zippers. She showed me a sample they had just done a couple days ago in one of there serger class putting in a zipper in a mini bag they had made.

There are so many things you can do with this serger that it puts to shame any sewing machines on the market as well as other sergers.