Old 03-16-2012, 01:47 PM
J Miller

Originally Posted by buslady View Post
Joe, the 201 IS a great machine. I have one set up downstairs and use it a lot. That machine is so nice and has a nice stitch. Mine still has the original plug and it is a little scary, but I unplug it when not in use. DH says it is OK, but it still makes me nervous. LOL That 201 and my 301 are my "go to" machines, right now, but I don't have anyplace to set up a treadle right now, will take care of that soon, though. I'm thinking the kitchen. Get rid of the desk and table, all they do is collect junk anyway, we eat at the counter usually. We are empty nesters and are more apt to go to the kids houses than have them come to ours, as it is so small. Soon it won't look like a house, it will look like a sewing shop. What wrong with that, you ask. Nothing!
buslady,

Many of my machines have the original electrical wires and plugs. I watch them carefully for cracks, chemical breakdown of the insulation and in general deterioration.
Barring that I use them. I'll rewire a machine in a heart beat if it needs though.

I know what you mean about desks and tables collecting junk. In this house there seems to be an unwritten law that any open flat surface is instantly filled with a sleeping cat or junk ... sometimes both.

Our kids are in AZ, we are in IL. Ahhhhh the piece and quiet. Hehehehehe, that's mean I'll admit, but I really can live without the drama they produce.

Joe