View Single Post
Old 08-31-2009, 07:39 PM
Quiltntime

Originally Posted by Lisanne
I finally found my camera, but I'm worse at using it than I am at quilting. It took me ages to figure out that my pics looked wrong because it was in landscape mode and I needed portrait mode. These modes are not like the page setup modes in MS Word, it turns out.

Okay, I took this beginner class in late June - early July. The table runner was machine quilted. Understand that I don't have a machine, haven't sewn on one since 7th grade, wanted to be hand quilting, was not comfortable with the LQS's machine, which was a perfectly decent Bernina...

As you can see, my sashing is bowlegged and I have peaks instead of right angles in the corners. We did the binding by hand. It's uneven because there's a machine seam underneath it that is uneven.

Definitely beginner work. I've seen so many people post their first project here and the work is beautiful. Oh well, practice will help, right?

<sigh> I see the first two pics didn't upload in the intended order. How do they get transposed?
Very nice work! I recognized the flowered fabric from Joann's. I thought it was so beautiful that I'm making a wall hanging. Also, found matching fabric with the flowers in narrow rolls. Going to make matching pillows.