View Single Post
Old 03-16-2012, 07:33 PM
ragamuffin

I was disappointed also. Two of us went today. First the signage was terrible. We parked, in the rain, went into the Host, only to be told to go around the hotel to another building, lots of steps. I know there was a place to enter with a wheelchair but it was not marked. Women hated the steps. I did enjoy the WWII quilts but I was not impressed other then that. It was nearly noon, so we hunted a restaurant closed to intown where the other place was. $11 to get in and $7 to park in the parking lot. There again, signage was terrible. Coming back out, I used the GPS and went out of our way on that. By the time we got hungry for something, around 3:30 the food places were closed except a snack place. I enjoyed some of the quilts but I kept seeing signs "Quilt moved to the winner's circle" or something like that, so we had to hunt them down. Vendors were all around the quilts and had to hurry to see them. Some of the quilts were beautiful but the vendors did not carry much yardage, more precuts. I was looking for 11 yds of the light aqua fabrics and found none to my liking. Met some nice people from all over but one "quilt police" literally yelled at my friend and told her to get her hands off the quilt. Nothing nice about her. I wanted to stay overnight because I wanted to go to the Continental Inn where there were more vendors but it closed too early. We had more laughs among us so that was our day. I had $hundreds with me but spent only about $60. Had to get that little twister ruler and some papers to do pics on my computer. I left my "treasures" in the sack until tomorrow. Maybe I will enjoy them better. Next show for me is in Meyersdale, Pa. at the Pennsylvania Maple Festival. (Western Pa. in Somerset County). Small show but good. Hope to see some of you there.