View Single Post
Old 03-17-2012, 04:21 AM
clsurz

Originally Posted by JanetM View Post
Dear Clsurz, I saw your post about buying the Babylock Evolution. I just attended a 3 day Serger Workshop held at a local Babylock dealer here in CA. We used the Evolution.....a dream machine. I own an older Evolve. I love my Evolve, and the Evolution is a newer and improved version. The evolution has the Wave stitch (nice for decorative edges), improved safety features, improved lighting, and you can thread both loopers at the same time. It also has an improved jet air threading....a motorized whoosh! Generally speaking the dealer will have very good package prices at these events. Our dealer offered the Evolution 8 thread macine, the workbook, the inspiration guide, 16 foot pkg, a huge decorative thread assortment in a nice case (retail value $450.), additional Gold Standard warranty of 3more years, and $1000.00 Trade-in allowance .....all for $3092.00. If you just wanted the machine, extra warranty, and 6 feet, the price was $1999.00 I would recommend the books though, as they really contain great instructions. My advice to you is to watch for a sewing/serging class or multi-day event sponsored by a Babylock dealer in your area. These events are held for the express purpose of educating the public about their products in the hopes of getting new customers. The number one reason people don't use their sergers is the difficulty they have threading them and getting the tensions right......Babylock has solved these problems....easy peasy threading and auto tension. They are worth every penny!!! Good luck!
I agree! Reason I did not buy it yesterday. Moore's Sew in CA has a youtube video. Guy was doing a demo to a bunch of folks and he presented a bundle for machine, books, and 16 feet. Although he did not name the price on that piece one knew that worst case sceniro would probably be around $3900 for all of the bundle or perhaps even less.

I've put out feelers in JAX, FL and other parts of GA and will check SC, NC and AL as well and states along the eastern board. It would be more than worth it to travel to any of these to save $1000 or more and since I enjoy traveling it would be like going on a hunt for me. LOL