Old 03-17-2012, 05:57 AM
Grama Chris

Originally Posted by alisonquilts View Post
I have just purchased my first jellyroll. It is William Morris fabrics (subtle colors, complex patterns), with eight different fabric patterns included. I love William Morris patterns. Love them.

I want to do right by these fabrics, but it occurred to me after I placed my order that the jellyroll strips cannot be washed before quilting, and all of my stash fabric has been washed, so now I am uncertain about including fabric from my (extensive) William Morris stash holdings. Then I thought I would do a 1600 quilt - quick, simple, only requires the jellyroll...

...but the WM fabric seems too orderly (in a wild, untamed, beautiful way) to put it in such an asymmetric quilt.

So, my question is: can anyone suggest a pattern that is symmetrical, but naturalistic; subtle, but dramatic; full of movement, but restful...and thus worthy of my WM jellyroll? And would it matter if I added stuff from my stash? Does modern fabric shrink that much? (I have always washed all of my fabric - no experience not washing it.)

Looking forward to picking your brains...

Alison

PS Did I mention that I love Willliam Morris fabric?
go to U-TUBE or GOOGLE & put in search............missouri star quilt company & then add jelly rolls & you'll come up with the EASIEST patterns from pre-cuts, an amazing site