Thread: For Me!!!!
View Single Post
Old 09-01-2009, 12:53 AM
tlrnhi

Thanks!!!

It was more or less a design I made up.
The center square is 6 1/2 inches.
Around the square are flying geese that are done the Ricky Timms method. I had actually had an idea of doing a flying geese mini, but couldn't get it to look right to me.
So, I cut squares for the corners, sewed them to the flying geese, then to the center square. I liked how it looks like the center is just laying in there.
Then I figured it needed a border, so cut 1 1/2 and put that on. Then I thought that it needed something else. Had no clue, so made more flying geese, they didn't look right. Did some regular triangles, didn't look right. Then I remembered I bought a book that had borders in it and found the border that you see with the little triangles. It's really easy to do. I screwed up on the cutting (it was about 5am at the time.)
The squares are to be 3 inches with the smaller ones 2 1/2. Sew the smaller ones opposite each other, then cut off excess. and you have your new square. Then sew them together and there you go!
Got that on and said..ok, it needs something else, so decided that I would use the striped fabric on the outside.
So, there you have it.
And no...I cannot do a tute on it because I'm really NOT sure of the sizes that I cut. All sizes are approximate. I didn't finish it until around 6:30am. Yes, I was up all night making it. Had tv on and just didn't realize the time. Guess I need a clock in my room, huh?