View Single Post
Old 03-17-2012, 06:39 AM
mopec

I might add that as in sewing machines, not all sergers are good. One that does not operate properly would quickly turn you off of sergers. Do your research.
Originally Posted by mopec View Post
I am a serger lover!! Over 20 years ago I thought it was something I would never use and can't remember what prompted me to get one. I got a White 634D and have loved it from the start. I never make a garment without using the serger for finishing seams. I do not use it for constructing the garment. I made all tableclothes for my daughters' weddings with rolled hems; wire edged fabric for ribbons; wedding veils with rolled hemming; dozens of dinner napkins with rolled edges to fit the season; wonderful flannel receiving blankets with wooly nylon edges-I couldn't begin to count the number; I could go on and on. A serger is set up right by my sewing machine. Yes they are more difficult to thread, but if you are careful you don't have to do that very often, just tie-on and pull thru the needle. I just bought a used 936 Huskylock and already love it also. It will do more than my old serger, but my 634 retains a place in my sewing room. I cannot imagine being without a serger (and I thought I would never use one)!!