View Single Post
Old 03-17-2012, 10:17 AM
Fab-ra-holic

Location: Live in Michigan, but I'm in Heaven when in my sewing room
Default Last, but not least, Baby Quilt

Well, I finally did it!!!! Completed the last of the many baby quilts I had to make. This one seemed to take forever. Hopefully this will be it for a while so I can catch up on all the other things I have on my to-do-list. This one is for my GS who will be turning 1 in May. Better late than never. The monkey alphabets are all machine embroidered. My DD wanted me to incorporated his Rocky shirt. She named him Greyson Balboa Picarella. Now mind you, we are Irish, but daddy is Italian hence the last name. The middle name is because my DD has been in love with Silvester Stallone since she was 5. I'm just glad she didn't name him Rocky. The back of the quilt is made up of squares we had each relative write or draw on before he was born. I took the squares and some fabric markers to the baby shower for each of them to do what they wanted on them. It's a really nice keepsake. We did this for my DIL at her shower also. I cheated a little on the binding. I had to order more of the dotted fabric so I could make the binding, however, I had so much overage on the sides I decided to just fold and flip it for the binding. This way I wasn't wasting a lot of the fabric, especially at the price I had to pay for it.
Thanks for looking. Hope you enjoy.
Attached Thumbnails q25-00.jpg   q25-01.jpg   q25-04.jpg   q25-07.jpg