View Single Post
Old 03-17-2012, 10:24 AM
Dolphyngyrl

Default bobbin tension, FMQ, and 12wt thread

A while back i took this class called water fantasy at road to california, it was my first FMQ project. I used a 12wt variagated sulky thread to quilt. The stitching on the front looks nice but the back the bobbin thread is pulled straight so you can see the top thread. My question is since the thread is thicker do you have to loosen the bobbin tension a lot to accommodate the thickness, because i had a lot of issue with shredding while I was making it which I think are also due to needle size. Don't care about the back as it was a wall hanging and a practice piece, but would like the next one to be better. Also I have a bobbin case for bobbin work with thicker threads, would it have been better to use this for those that own the espire/symphony or brother versions. If not better should I just buy a regular bobbin case to accommodate these thicker weight threads. Also those who FMQ a lot do you keep a journal of settings, what works and doesn't because I want to get more proficient this year.