Old 03-17-2012, 10:40 AM
vintagemotif

Originally Posted by BoJangles View Post
Monica if you didn't have to modify the 328, why is there a big hole in the back of your machine? And, where is the belt on the right side? I can only see the belt on the left side? I don't even see a hole for the belt to go into on the right side? What am I missing here?

I agree with you, that I just like to treadle the machines; and, it is a workout if done very long! Last night while I was making those pillow shams, I was treadling like a fool to get done before I had to go over to watch Marcus for a couple hours. I wanted to take the shams with me as my DIL just decided to use the quilt I made him last summer. I could feel the burning in my legs after a while, especially when going down the long and short sides of the sham, which I do twice to re-inforce the french seams! Those ladies that treadled all day long had to have strong legs; and, I bet they were in pretty good shape too!

Nancy

There is a large opening on side of machine from where the side plate was removed, but no large hole in back of machine. Is that the big hole you are referring too? Here are a series of photos showing machine front with plug in before removal, removed plug and side plate, front of machine in treadle, and side of machine with treadle belt. This is more detail than what the manual shows.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]320558[/ATTACH]
[ATTACH=CONFIG]320559[/ATTACH]
[ATTACH=CONFIG]320561[/ATTACH]
[ATTACH=CONFIG]320560[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails screen-shot-2012-03-17-11.29.38-am.png   img_4180.jpg   screen-shot-2012-03-17-11.20.28-am.png   screen-shot-2012-03-17-11.36.33-am.png