Old 03-17-2012, 11:43 AM
BoJangles

Originally Posted by vintagemotif View Post
There is a large opening on side of machine from where the side plate was removed, but no large hole in back of machine. Is that the big hole you are referring too? Here are a series of photos showing machine front with plug in before removal, removed plug and side plate, front of machine in treadle, and side of machine with treadle belt. This is more detail than what the manual shows.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]320558[/ATTACH]
[ATTACH=CONFIG]320559[/ATTACH]
[ATTACH=CONFIG]320561[/ATTACH]
[ATTACH=CONFIG]320560[/ATTACH]
Ok now I understand, you had to remove that plate in order to get the belt on. I can now see the right side of the belt too. Do you have to leave the plate off in order to treadle that machine. It is a really cool looking machine, does it do more than zig zag? I am not familiar with the 328, but it is a neat looking machine. I like the 319 because it has the built in decorative stitches and it takes cams - so the decorative stitching is pretty limitless. Thank you for explaining and showing us the 328 in treadle!

Nancy

Oh and what you refer to as the side, I was referring to as the back; but, of course you are right it truly is the side or maybe the 'end' of the machine.

Ok looking back, I can see you have done a couple decorative stitches other than zig zag; and, it looks like it opens up for cams?

Last edited by BoJangles; 03-17-2012 at 11:50 AM.