Old 09-01-2009, 04:20 AM
ginnie6

I hate to admit it but I am getting tired of Sue! Sunbonnet Sue started me on my quilting journey. Those 10 blocks my Grannie made inspired me to make more....to divide them up andmake lapquilts for my daughters, my sisters, and my mother. So that each of them would have a bit of Grannie's memory.That means 9 lapquilts.....72 more blocks that I have to make to add to the ones Grannie made. I've gotten two lapquilts done so far and another ready to put together. only 6 more lapquilts to go. I love putting the blocks together. I love making the borders......BUT Sue herself is getting boring. I'm trying to make them all in the same style as my Grannie did which means doing them very simply and by hand. I got two done yesterday...it took me awhile to get going on them. I just try remembering how excited she was when she was making them though. I remember her coming home and drawing that pattern out and sewing on them. That is what keeps me making them....that and knowing that before long Grannie won't be with us anymore. I gave her the first lapquilt. Figured it was only right that she had it. So I guess I'll keep trudging on with Sue till all these are done. The maybe I can work on something I want to...I just can't wait to start on a quilt for my bed! But I'm afraid if I start on it now I won't finish Sue. Do you ever get tired of working on a block and have to force yourself to finish?