Old 03-17-2012, 01:38 PM
butterflywing

Originally Posted by Scissor Queen View Post
You do know this is called prejudice. You are pre judging these people without ever meeting a single one of them. There are millions and millions of jobs where looks are totally unimportant.
these decorations make many jobs dangerous. the hardware can be caught in manufacturing equipment and cause damage not only to the person but to those around him. i also doubt if the decorated person could get insurance. i would not like to work the line next to a man or woman with metal parts sticking out
of their bodies. let's not forget magnets.

i think you're bending over backward trying to give them the benefit of the doubt. there are lots of jobs they can do, but how many people would realistically hire them considering injury to themselves and others, equipment failure, non-insurance (unless it's an under-the-table job, which means no security).

my brother-in-law is a plumber and wouldn't let any of these people in anyone's house for fear of losing customers. most of his workers are nor caucasian. my father was a printer and wouldn't take a chance of damaging expensive presses by things poking into them. both men had/have all kinds of people working for them and they are presentable and not likely to offend anyone. my brother puts in swimming pools and hires people anyone looking for work. if he hired any of these guys, his customers would be afraid of getting robbed.
btw, his 'white little world' isn't. and the guys with metal are mainly white, i noticed. so let's not even go there.