Old 03-17-2012, 03:30 PM
Cre8tvlwyr

Mim - for B9 I am using a stripe fabric so I can't do it the way that quilt recommends. I havent done that block yet, however I have decided how to do it. I will cut my four mid-sections 2 1/2" wide by 3 1/4" tall [this will actually be slightly more length than I need] I will mark the width at 1 1/4" at what will be the 'center edge' near the middle square... better yet - press a crease in to mark the half the full length of this piece. Line up a small square ruler with a 45 degree mark such that the 45 degree line lines up perfectly with your crease and the point is even with the fabric on the end that will be your small square. cut both directions. When you repeat this to four sections you will have four "arrowheads" that will become the middle of your block. If you sew 1/4" seam from the point-side [1/4" from that point] to exactly 1 3/8" from the edge of the fabric, you will be able to insert the corners with a y-seam. For A-10 I used the thatquilt instructions completely and there were no problems. I can try to put another tute up - I just wont be able to get to it until Monday
Gus