View Single Post
Old 03-17-2012, 09:43 PM
bonitagaye

Well....it just sew happens I have been having trouble with my tension. I have a Bernina 830 but that is not the machine I was having trouble with!
I have about 75 (big)spools of Superior King Tut 100% Cotton 40/3 and this particular spool is a beautiful very lightly varigated black to navy or navy to black! I have had to take the thread off the spool and put it on a different spool.
It has been more than frustrating because I am using a Tin Lizzy 18 (LA) to quilt a queen sized quilt.

I finally finished doing the quilting and took it off the frame! I have so any bad places I will have to pick some of it out and re-do the quilting! I am not a fancy or fussy quilter! So this is bad!

I had the thought that maybe my thread was too old....but the more I think about it ~ If I am using wonderful Supeior thread...how can it go bad if it is expected to last the same length of time as the rest of the quilt?????!! Some of my thread is 3 -4 years old! I am going to have to get busy! I am also getting some of that Sew Ease that has been talked about lately