View Single Post
Old 03-17-2012, 10:15 PM
bonitagaye

Originally Posted by dojo36 View Post
one more thing - ya gotta have a master's degree to thread the darn thing. but i'm determined to show this thing who's boss. mine is a tin lizzie 18, what did yall buy and what kind of troubles are you having?
donna
I have a Tin Lizzie 18! How long have you had yours!? I have had mine long enough to have made some serious progress, but somehow I just haven't! I have done about 25 quilts. Nothing spectacular. Just quilted!

I tried to use the Tin Lizzie site, but I guess there is no one on there! I asked a few questions~no answers.

I would like to know how to clean it myself. (not just the thread in the bobbin area) There are several things that have been upgraded since I got mine. and I have no Idea why there are all those stupid little holes when a little wire hook would have done just as well. I am too old and short to have to try to thread thru all of those!

When my Lizzie is sewing good she is wonderful! Good Luck! I think you have to do baby stuff for a while and not expect perfection the first few quilts. Give your self a break! I did little baby panels and just learned to do circles to start!
Well, I forgot the point of my epistle! You will have fun soon!