View Single Post
Old 09-01-2009, 07:09 AM
quilter1962

Originally Posted by Rose Marie
No one in my family appreiciates quilts so I dont give them out anymore.
Only two kinda like quilts but they do not take care of them.
I made a jewel box quilt for my oldest dauther. She left it in her dauthers car and it ended up at her house permently. Since then my oldest has told me about a woman she met who is famous for art quilts and wants me to meet her. She is impressed by her work. I am not an art quilter and will never be that good. It has hurt my feelings and I havnt been interested in quilting since.
Oh no Rose

Don't give up on sewing & quilting & everything else that goes with it. There is going to be someone who will appreciate all your hard work & love that goes in to making these magnificent works of art.
What about making quilts for your local hospital. Our group here in the UK make for our local hospital for the neo-natal department & also for stillborn babies.
The feed back we have received has been so inspiring - some of the parents take the quilts home this we have been told helps with the healing process when they have lost their baby, others are wrapped in the quilts.
As Joan mentioned Project Linus are always needing assistance too.

Don't let it eat you up inside with comments made by others - you know your worth more - so go on pop off into your sewing room & run up a quilt for us all to see. :wink:

Tisha x :P