View Single Post
Old 03-18-2012, 05:25 AM
grann of 6

Originally Posted by Barbm View Post
I ran to the lqs with 2 projects that I needed fabric to match. Yes, I found what I needed but they had a table and a section on the wall of clearance fabric and baskets with "ends of bolts". $215 later I have tons of fabric. But I have 6 baby quilts to do, 3 quilts for the grands as they move from toddler beds to twin beds and a wedding quilt for October. And to that a round robin I'm in- you know darn well someone will do a center with colors you never had in your stash in 5 years of quilting. Not to forget the 2 reunion quilts for July and August. I will use it all! (and I was on a mission to find a piece that I bought there a while ago- I need to make 2 table runners for my dd and gf. I bought it all- 4 yards on the clearance rack- I saved at least $16 on just this!)

I told the lady this is my smoking and drinking money. Figure- $5 a pack at a pack a day x 7 days is $35 a week, and a case of beer is about $20 (for the stuff on sale) so I spent a months worth. At least I have something to show for it. Now to save some more money!
....And you are feeding a healthy habit. Congrats to you. I still find myself stopping at the wine shoppe, though.