View Single Post
Old 03-18-2012, 06:42 AM
DogHouseMom

Still working on finishing the feathered star. As you know, I didn't trust the directions and decided to go to EQ7 and make a paper piece pattern to use. EQ7 didn't have the exact same star but they had one I liked even better (albeit more complicated). Been working on that. The nice thing about EQ7 is that I was able to color it as well and I picked a palette of a color wheel with black "feathers" on the star.

Now I have a dilemma. I'm not entirely sure how it happened, but my black feathers got switched with the white background. So I have WHITE feathers and a BLACK background. I was too busy paying attention to matching the seams that I didn't notice it until I had half of the blades stitched together! Can't see the forest through the trees?

Anyway ... to make it look "feathered" I can change the background to black but that would mean it doesn't match the rest of the blocks in the quilt. The block looks better ... but the quilt will look wrong.

What to do??

Here's the EQ7 version of my block with a white background and a black background. Opinions???
Attached Thumbnails feathered-star-black.jpg   feathered-star-white.jpg