View Single Post
Old 03-18-2012, 06:43 AM
J Miller

Originally Posted by janeite View Post
The manual is for all slant needles, but has parts near the end for specific models. Here is a link to the manual: http://www.parts.singerco.com/IPsvcManuals/306W25.pdf Your stitches are beautiful. Last night I spent a good amount of time with the top off of the machine, watching the locking tabs and the cam followers. The locking tabs are in the slots, and the cam followers are moving with the ridges on the cams. Now the problem is that the pattern as it is sewn is stretched out . For example, when choosing BR or HL, I can see that the stitch is in a pattern following the shape of these, but the stitches are far apart, more similar to a zig zag then say a embroidery or satin type stitch. This is an improvement from before, but still not right. Do you think it would help to use some kerosene to clean the cam stack further? And did you take your cam stack out to clean it, or did you clean it in the machine?
janeite, I left the cam stack in the machine. I used cotton swabs, a small screwdriver and rags and a small tooth brush to get most of the crud off of it. My owners manual didn't say to put grease on it, just oil down the center of it. So that's what I did. If yours is still gunked up then some kerosene on a tooth brush might finish cleaning the stack. I won't take anything apart on these machines unless there is just no other way. I'm not that good with them yet. To tighten up the fancy stitches you just need to run the stitch length lever, the vertical one on the right, up above 20. That will really tighten them up. Look at the 5th and 7th pattern past the straight stitches on the top pic. I tightened the stitches up as I sewed the lines. You can see where they got closer together as I sew it. Thanks for the link I'll download it and add it to my manuals. Joe