View Single Post
Old 03-18-2012, 06:50 AM
clsurz

Unfortunately we now live in a society where people just don't care and feel they are owed a living so they take others precious possessions. I'm an adventurer and traveler by nature and have been all my life however how things are in society anymore I am even more aware of my surroundings especially when I travel and yes even where I live more so now than in the pass.

People will steal anything they can from you. Because I do travel alone for the most part I now make sure to give my travel routes to a family member when I did not do so years ago.

It does not surprise me that at such shows folks are marked and tracked down and ou can bet it is from others like those visiting those places. They know the value of such things and will steal it right from under you.

Saying I'd never go to a particular place again would mean I'm allowing myself to remain a victim and allow such folks control over me the rest of my life. CRIME unfortunately prevails in every part of our society, yes even small towns where supposedly everyone knows everyone.

We just have to be MORE aware of our surroundings anymore and be on the alert. Of course this does not mean a bad thing won't happen to us. We hope it won't but it could.

Unfortunately it is part of life in todays society which we must learn to deal with. A life is alot more precious than materials things we may lose.