Old 03-18-2012, 07:30 AM
jillaine

I am SO sorry, EVERYONE, for not responding sooner. Yikes! I am not getting those updates in email that let me know people have posted here! Good heavens! I was also on a business trip for a week. So much has happened here, both good and not so.

Rose L, oh my. I am sorry to hear about your surgery needs. We will all hold you in our thoughts on prayers. The good new is that your swap partner has not withdrawn from the swap. I'm sorry she has not responded to you. She reported that she is 75% complete with your quilt!

I will contact her, however, and let her know about your situation.

Everyone else, I have gone through my entire list of swap participants, and as far as I can tell, those people who thought their partners had disappeared (yaya...) have been reunited. And as far as I can tell, no one is off the map completely. I *am* waiting to hear from a few people who haven't given me their status updates, but who are, according to their partners, still in touch and still involved.

So... if, as of today (Sunday, 18 March 2012), there is someone who believes they no longer have a partner, or whose partner has been incommunicado, let me know. Several people have volunteered to make a quilt for an "abandoned" swapper-- some even have an extra already made!! And someone else suggested a group effort should that be needed.

Please do not hesitate to speak up if you've been abandoned or, frankly, if you know you're not going to be able to complete your commitment. Life, clearly!, happens. The good news is: we have a wonderful community here to support this swap, one way or another.

-- Jillaine