View Single Post
Old 03-18-2012, 11:09 AM
mhollifiel

And I thought it was just me! I agree that the show was a let down this year. The signage was indeed a problem and ushers were here and there but some were speaking on cell phones and "not available" immediately. I also missed the winners. Fortunately, my DH drops me off and that's a HUGE help. I only spent a couple of hours or less because I went on Friday and it was pretty crowded. I missed seeing some vendors that I was looking for as well. What I did find was thread that I wanted and was pleased with that. As a member of AQS, I only had to pay $9 and I knew nothing about another show. Would love to have taken that in. Don't our organizations know that quilters work together??? That's a page from our book they should use!

I went last year and comparatively speaking both the quilts and the vendors were "more" everything in 2011. Still the quilts were gorgeous to see. Great work, just wish I had found the winners!

I did enjoy shopping at Burkholders, Lapp's and Zooks. I walked out of the Old Country Store and went to Zooks where I found much more room to shop. OCS was wall to wall quilters. No room to look even. Did get some great buys and, of course, loved that. Lapp's was fun because it was a true Amish shop off the beaten path. The young lady had to turn on the oil lamps for me to see their fabric. Good prices as well.

I spent $250 in a shop I found on the way home in Virginia where I bought Kaffee for $5 and great name cottons for $3.60. I had to really hunt it but great buys!

I don't know that I'll even go to the AQS show again next year there but I will definitely make a spring fabric trip to the area, via that Virginia shop for SURE!!

Last edited by mhollifiel; 03-18-2012 at 11:11 AM.