Old 03-18-2012, 12:23 PM
Candace

EUREKA!!!! Cathy, you are brilliant. That spring needle you pictured is the absolutely BEST FMQ tool for the 319 I've found. Here's the thing. I've had it forever and haven't used it with the 319 because it never dawned on me that the needle could be removed and replaced. I had assumed it was factory made to be replaced with the needle, if and when it was dull or broken. So, I had basically counted it out considering the 319 takes specialty 206 x 13 needles. When you mentioned that you thought other needles could be inserted that really got me motivated.

First, I removed the spring using my fingernail. I inserted the 206 size 12 needle and it worked, but not great. I was getting some skipped stitches. So, I tried the size 14 and it was a bit harder to install in the spring. As you can see by the photo the length of the needle is different and it took me a while to get the spring to sit on the sweet spot of the needle and yet to allow it to insert fully into the needle holder clamp. But, after a minute or two of playing with it, I got it just right in the spring and did the best FMQ ever on the 319! I'm so exicited to have this machine as an option. I was using junk thread so hope to have better results using quality thread;> I FMQ a lot and spend countless hours doing so. So...having machines that do a good job with it is very important to me.

So, thanks Cathy for giving me this option as it's great. I'm going to use the spring attachment I received from you on my Rotary 77.

I would suggest that anyone interested in FMQ on their 319 to buy one of these spring needles!
Attached Thumbnails img_7422.jpg   img_7423.jpg   img_7424.jpg