View Single Post
Old 03-18-2012, 04:16 PM
newestnana

A bunch of friends and I had a quilt retreat in the area and most of us spent all day Wednesday at the AQS show...none of us made it to the other show or the vendors-only place. I wish I could say I was disappointed in the vendors, because then I might have spent less money :-) I'm a real sucker for demonstrations. I bought lots of patterns and notions, and the John Flynn rail system to use with my Janome 6600. With the exception of a few small pieces of silk (and a pattern to make ornaments from them), I bought no fabric at the show.

While in the area we shopped at Burkholders (there was a coupon available for 20% off...frustrating that not everyone would have been aware of it), and the owner started offering more "specials" while we were standing in line. Irrespective of that, Burkholders gives 15% discount to guild members (but not both discounts).

We also went to Sauders and left our share of $$ there too. I bought a bolt of Kona black @ $3.99 a yard (after discount).

As to the quilts at the show, they were beautiful, although I never did see the winner's circle. I must say, however, that I prefer shows sponsored by local guilds because they have a greater range of skills displayed, and I can actually look at some and say "I might be able to do that."