View Single Post
Old 03-18-2012, 05:45 PM
Wine Woman

Default My New Selvage Tote

I've admired every selvage tote, umbrella, lamp shade anything made from selvages! I have been collecting selvages for some time now and a very big thank you to my friends who have contributed and to Jill and Elisabeth from the quilting board who sent me a nice big envelope full and a tote bag full! And of course Mary for sharing her pattern with me. So I decided I had enough to start my project-boy did I have enough and then some! I've discovered you don't need very many nor do you need to be so particular where they are placed! So here it is. I have used Soft and Stable - from byannie.com which I discovered at the Sew Expo this year in Puyallup WA. I also added buttons to protect the bottom since I didn't realize the selvages would wrap to the bottom of the tote.

This tote was supposed to have selvages on both sides. I was taking too long to finish one side so I cut it short and added a solid piece of fabric which tones it down a lot. I think it would have been too busy for me had I done both sides. It was so much fun and I have so many selvages left over I can make a few more!
Attached Thumbnails qb-1-tote.jpg   qb2-tote.jpg   qb3-tote.jpg  

Last edited by Wine Woman; 03-18-2012 at 05:54 PM.