View Single Post
Old 03-18-2012, 06:21 PM
Denise_the_Quilt_Lady

Default New quilting Studio

I have been quilting in a dark, damp, buggy (dead due to exterminator, but still gross) basement for the last nine years ever since we moved and downsized. NO natural light whatsoever! very confined space!
Now, in just a couple of months, we will be breaking ground on a room addition. (My hubby really loves me) It will be 20 by 30 feet and nearly 2/3 of it will be my new studio. It will have so much natural light it is almost a sin! It will have a 4ft by 16ft closet for storage on one side. the other side will have a 16ft run of lower cabinets below a bank of windows looking out on my gardens, the farm fields, and the woods. I am very excited.
so here is where you guys all come in. i want lots of advice on how to configure my space. especially regarding cabinets. My hubby wants to start buying cabinets so they are already here when they are ready to install them. I bet you all have tons of ideas about what i should do about that!!!
I can't wait to hear all of them. Dream big along with me.
So here are the first two before photos. 1 my son in law and grandson are on the patio next to a garden. This patio and garden will be traded for the room addition. this pic was taken last spring. last fall i spent a lot of time digging up most of the plants and moving them somewhere else. 2 another view of the garden at the edge of the patio was just taken yesterday. i obviously missed some of the bulbs. those will have to be dug up soon. because very soon there will be a room here!
Attached Thumbnails 1.jpg   2.jpg