View Single Post
Old 03-18-2012, 07:35 PM
Vanuatu Jill

My DH just surprised me with the new I-Pad 3 for our 37th anniversary. Funny, I am not really what you would call "computer literate"-more "computer challenged", so it is a bit much for me at this point. I had actually "hinted" that I wanted the Kindle Fire so I could read in bed and download books instead of buying them since we travel overseas twice a year. Never did I expect he would do this. Once my youngest son (26) saw it, he played with it, and taught me how to use some of it. He loved it so much, he asked me to leave it home when I go overseas next month!! FAT CHANCE I told him! Today, I find out DH actually bought 2 of them (pre-ordered), the other for my sister who didn't even ask for it. He thought she might want it, but she hasn't confirmed. Sooooo- my son just bought it from my DH!!! He has Netflex on his for a monthly fee like $7.99 or so, and he downloaded it on my I-pad so I can use his password and also watch all these free movies and TV shows for no extra charge. He downloaded a program called "Pandora" which has all the free music I want-really neat. I just have to learn how to use it on this board! I imagine I will be learning how to use it for some months to come! I still use my laptop for my e-mails and the Quiltingboard, though!