View Single Post
Old 03-18-2012, 08:32 PM
frannella

Originally Posted by nstitches4u View Post
I have one and seldom use it because it does revolve, but not easily. Maybe it is just me.
I don't think it's just you. Maybe the smaller Olfa revolving mat works well, but the larger size doesn't--really hard to turn, therefore causing the fabric and cutter to shift. At least, that's been my experience.

Several quilting pros have raved about the Brooklyn Revolver. They used to come in 2 sizes, boasted something like 10 ball bearings so they turned on a dime, and the larger size (Brooklyn Revolver II) doubled as an ironing pad. I understood they have been out of production for 2-3 years, but, recently, the company started remanufacturing the original BR (smaller and without the ironing pad). AQS sells it at a discount. Unfortunately, they haven't started making the Brooklyn Revolver II again as yet. These things are pricey ($45-99+) but apparently well worth the investment--especially for appliquers. I can hardly wait for them to resume manufacturing the BRII.

If I were you, before investing in the Olfas or other brands, try to borrow one from a friend to test drive. Even with a JA coupon, the larger size was, for me, a complete waste of money. HTH