View Single Post
Old 03-18-2012, 09:29 PM
jules_1967

My mom made a bunch of these and gave them to all of her daughters and friends as gifts. They are super easy to make. I know this because I made some and if I can do it, it must be easy. Use cotton batting, not the kind that has the silver heat stuff in it. Pick your size, I used 10 1/2 squares and quilted each piece together with the batting. Then fold in half with batting facing out and sew a dart in each side. measure about 1/2' on the end of the fold and sew it about 4" in, narrowing as you go. Open it up and fold the other direction and sew darts so that you end up with a dart in the middle of each side. Repeat with the other side of the potholder that you have already quilted to the batting. Now put right sides together and sew together on 3 sides. Turn right sides out, fold in open side (press if desired) and sew around all 4 sides. There you have it. Easy, breezy. Sorry if I didn't use correct formal terms. If it didn't make sense, look at pictures of these things. If you are a quilter, this one shouldn't be hard to figure out. I did and I am a total beginner.