Old 03-19-2012, 05:44 AM
BoJangles

Originally Posted by nurseknitsLaura View Post
my 201 is my go to FMQ. Wonderful stitches. I use serger thread for quilting, it's a little lighter than regular thread. I want to build a BIIIIIG table for my spare 201 so that my quilt is supported on all sides, but for now i just cope. In case it helps anyone, when I teach people to FMQ I recommed that they write the alphabet with the thread. We all already know how to write our letters, and so it gives you the advantage of that part of the experience being automatic.
Wow, Laura it is always so nice to hear from the 'other' side! I am glad someone has had a good experience with the 201 and FM! So this tells me, maybe the horizontal hooks can do FM if the 'carbon based' unit in front is what? More patient, slower with their hands, something? You must be pretty good if you are teaching FM! There is a great FM teacher in my area who teaches at the local quilt stores. I have taken a couple of her classes. She doesn't care what machine you use as long as you bring the machine to class that you plan on using at home to FM with. She is a great instructor!

Nancy

Last edited by BoJangles; 03-19-2012 at 05:46 AM.