Old 03-19-2012, 05:51 AM
BoJangles

Originally Posted by miriam View Post
Oh, I get it - feed dogs... I keep learning so much from that machine. I'm liking that Singer 319 machine better the more I use it. I borrowed a motor and foot control from a 99 I turned into a hand crank. The bobbin case had a LOT of burrs and occasionally the thread wants to stay under when I pull up the bobbin thread. After it is up is is ok. I should turn it over and prod around some more. Right now it is set for FM. I need to bring home the table it was in so I can really sew something. That table has a door in front. You flip the door open all the way to help prop the table I guess. In the front of the table there is a hole to reach in for changing the bobbin - so much easier to reach through the hole. I still need the end screw for the needle holder but unless I change the needle it seems to work ok - go figure.
Miriam if you are talking about the 319 and the thread occasionally catching "wants to stay under when I pull up the bobbin thread." I'd bet you need to move that 'position finger' over just a hair so the bobbin thread will clear! The manual says it should be about .020 from the hook. Ask me how I know?

Nancy

Last edited by BoJangles; 03-19-2012 at 05:59 AM.