View Single Post
Old 03-19-2012, 05:56 AM
Gerbie

Originally Posted by Briarberry View Post
Thank you for the speedy response. I knew someone would help me. This way sounds much better than what I was thinking of doing. I am off to finish cutting the squares and hopefully I will get a start on the piecing later this weekend.
I also agree with the previous responses, I not only mark my rows this way, but I use the little colored dots that are often used in garage sales and number them then stick them on the rows or blocks. They come in sheets from an office supply or WalMart. I also take pictures of my quilts as I am laying them out to decide for sure just how I want them. Very surprising how different they look through the camera lens and ones own eyes. I use my digital camera and load them on the computer, so I don't have a bunch of hard copies. I can change them and see what I like best. I always take a picture of the final lay out, just in case something gets moved. You could also do the reversible method with the large four blocks that would make the size easier to work with at the machine when you are working on the quilting part if you are machine quilting the quilt yourself. Show a pic. when you're finished. Stitches of fun for you.